Friday 24 September 2010

First day in Australia.

After about 35 hours travelling and less than 2 hours sleep in the last 42 I arrived in Adelaide at about 7.30 am. As my remedy for Jetlag is to stay awake until the local bedtime I dropped off my bags at my daughter's (Clare) place and she and her boyfriend (Nathan) took me to the local nature reserve and just happened to take the camera.
I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. Numerous beautifully coloured birds everywhere and the odd Koala sleeping in the treetops.
Two birds at the top of my trip hit list after seeing pics of these wonderfully coloured beauties were the Rainbow Lorikeet and the Superb Fairy-wren and I bagged them both on the first day! What a start...

A pair of Rainbow Lorikeets at their nest hole.

Superb Fairy-wren.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to see your first few shots chris. Glad also that you've settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris. Just found the blog - about time! I'm sure you'll enjoy Oz - got a stubby holder yet? I always regretted not getting a decent shot of a fairy wren, although it'll be hard to really capture the intensity of the blue.

    ReplyDelete